Chapter 14, 15, 16 Test tomorrow.
Political cartoons due end of block Wednesday.
Chapter 12, 15, 16 Test is on Wednesday.
Health Projects are due tomorrow.
Political Cartoon project is due on Wednesday at the end of the block.
Japan notes package pages 19, 22-24 due Monday.
Chapter 14, 15, 16 Test is on Wednesday.
Chapter 14, 15 & 16 Study Guide
1) Chapter 14, 15 & 16 Vocabulary
2) Exclusion laws
3) Edo Japan worldview (chapter 14)
4) Renaissance worldview vs. Edo Japan worldview
5) Main geographic factor for Japan’s isolation
6) Reasons why Japanese government signed Unequal treaties with the West
7) Meiji worldview (chapter 15 &16)
8) “Eastern ethics and Western science” what does this motto mean?
9) Factors that motivated Japan to end its isolation, both external and inside pressures
10) Which European traders were still allowed contact with Japan despite the exclusion laws?
11) What is the industrial Revolution?
12) Characteristics of Japanese culture that allowed for successful rapid industrialization
13) How did Japan isolate itself from the rest of the world?
14) Compare attitudes in the Edo period to the Meiji period
Projects are due Tuesday.
Famous People assignment due Monday and health duo tang for a book check is also due Monday.
Chapter 9 pages 6, 7, 9 due Monday.
Projects are due June 13th.